Southwest Pasta Salad
Southwest Pasta Salad is a cold pasta salad that is light, with the perfect amount of sweetness and spice. It’s a great side dish to serve on a hot summer day.
- 12 oz. bowtie pasta one package
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup diced pimentos
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 oz. pepper-jack cheese diced (half a block)
- 1/2 cup cream style corn canned
- 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce canned
- juice of one lime
- 1 avocado
Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse under cold water.
Toss the ingredients, except the avocado, in a large mixing bowl and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
Dice the avocado and toss into the salad right before serving.
- This salad is can be made a day ahead of time.
- Add avocado right before serving.
- Chipotle flavored hot sauce can be used instead of chipotle sauce.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 338kcal