Greek Orzo Salad
This cold pasta salad is perfect to make any time of the year and makes a great side dish for grilled chicken, steak or fish!
- 1.5 cups dry orzo pasta
- 1 cucumber seeds removed and chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup black olives pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Cook the orzo in salted, boiling water until "al dente". Drain the orzo in a colander and run cold water over it to help cool faster.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked orzo, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, red onion, dill, mint and feta cheese.
In a small bowl, use a whisk to emulsify the olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper together. Pour over the orzo and toss to coat ingredients evenly.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for one hour before serving.
- Serve this pasta salad cold or at room temperature.
- Make up to 2 days ahead of time. Add the feta cheese and toss the ingredients before serving.
- This recipe can easily be doubled for large gatherings.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 21g | Sugar: 3g