Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
This slow cooker pumpkin pie oatmeal recipe features steel cut oats and pumpkin puree that are cooked low and slow overnight for a convenient breakfast that's sure to satisfy the pickiest of eaters!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time8 hrs
Total Time8 hrs 5 mins
6 Quart Slow Cooker
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 7 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree (ORGANIC taste much better)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 T pumpkin pie spice or 1 T cinnamon
- 1 T vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins (brown sugar, granulated sugar, maple syrup, chopped pecans, raisins, chopped dates)
Combine steel cut oats, water, pumpkin puree and salt in a slow cooker and stir until it's fully combined and there are no lumps of pumpkin. Cook on the WARM setting for 7-8 hours.
Add the pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract and stir the mixture.
Turn the slow cooker to the LOW setting, to allow the oatmeal to thicken. Let the oatmeal continue to cook an additional 15-30 minutes or until it is your desired thickness.
Stir once more and then flavor individual bowls with add-ins and sweetener of choice.
- You are welcome to add the vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice in step 1, when combining the oats and pumpkin, but I find it tastes better if you add them after the oatmeal has cooked overnight.
- Make sure you use the WARM setting on your slow cooker. Can cook up to 10 hours on the WARM setting.
- This recipe can be cooked on LOW for about 4 hours. Stir once an hour.
- Sweeten the oatmeal with raisin, chopped dates, maple syrup, brown sugar or granulated sugar.
- This recipe does not work well with rolled oats.
- Canned pumpkin pie filling can be used but remember to omit the pumpkin pie spice and any sweetener and adjust it to taste after the oatmeal has cooked.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 8268IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 3mg