Protein Overnight Oats
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter powder
- 1 tablespoon plain protein powder
- 1 date pit removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Measure out the rolled oats, ground flax seeds, chia seeds, protein powder and peanut butter powder into a jar and stir to combine.
Add the chopped dates and walnuts to the jars and stir again. This step will coat the dates with powder and help them to disperse more evenly once the liquid is added.
Add the almond milk, or your choice of milk and stir to combine. Place a lid on the jar and store in the fridge for at least 2 hours or up to 5 days.
This oatmeal can be served cold right out of the fridge or heated up on the stove or in the microwave. Right before you are ready to serve, top with frozen or fresh blueberries. See notes.
- If the oatmeal is too thick, add more milk to thin it out to your liking. Also, if the oatmeal isn't sweet enough you can add a sweetener such as maple syrup, honey, stevia or coconut sugar.
Calories: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 527mg | Potassium: 430mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 94IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 400mg | Iron: 5mg