Apple Crisp Recipe
This Apple Crisp recipe is full of juicy apples and cinnamon, covered with a crispy oatmeal topping. This apple crumble is foolproof!
- 10 medium apples (3 lb. bag) peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup rolled oats regular or quick-cooking
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange the sliced apples in a 9" x 13" baking dish and pour ¼ cup water into the dish. In a small bowl, whisk the granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, cinnamon to combine and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the apple slices.
Place the rolled oats, flour, light brown sugar, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and stir to combine. Pour in the melted butter and use a fork to incorporate it into the mixture. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the crisp topping is golden brown and the apples are tender. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- To Store: Cover the baked apple crisp loosely and store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- To Freeze: Apple crisp can be frozen for up to 3 months in a freezer-safe container. When you are ready to serve it, allow the crisp to thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
- To Reheat: Place in the oven at 350°F until heated through.
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 46g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg