Blueberry Pie Recipe
A delicious Blueberry Pie Recipe made with fresh blueberries! Not overly sweet and perfectly spiced. Perfect for any occasion!
- homemade pie crust use one full recipe which makes 2 pie crusts
- 4 cups fresh blueberries stems removed and washed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter cut into small cubes
- 1 large egg lightly beaten for egg wash
Prepare the pie crust as directed and chill.
Preheat oven to 425°F with a baking sheet on the middle rack. Roll the first pie crust to a ⅛" thickness and line a 9" pie plate.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix the lemon juice, sugar, corn starch, cinnamon and nutmeg and toss in the blueberries. Pour the mixture into the pie plate.
Roll out second pie crust and cut 1" strips. Lay over filling in a lattice pattern and dot with cubes of butter. Trim and flute the edges of the crust. Brush the crust with the egg wash.
Bake the pie on the baking sheet for 20 minutes. Place a pie shield on the pie to protect the edges from over-browning and turn the oven down to 375°F. Bake an additional 30-40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
Let the blueberry pie cool for 3 hours before serving.
- This blueberry pie can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Baked blueberry pie can be frozen, after it has cooled completely, wrapped in plastic for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw overnight in the fridge before serving at room temperature.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 117IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg