Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Cheddar Bay Biscuits are so easy to make and taste just like the ones from Red Lobster! The combination of cheddar cheese, butter and garlic are baked to perfection in this light and airy biscuit!
Servings: 6 biscuits
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (120g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (56g) cold, cut into small cubes
- 6 tablespoons half and half
- 2 oz. cheddar cheese shredded
Garlic Butter Topping
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 425°. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in the shredded cheese.
Add the melted butter and half and half to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
Divide the dough into 6 portions, shape each one into a disk and arrange them on a parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake for 11-12 minutes or until puffed and light golden brown. Combine the garlic butter ingredients in a small bowl and brush the top of the biscuits while they are still hot.
- To Store: Keep at room temperature for up 3 days in an air-tight container.
- To Freeze: Individually wrap each baked biscuit in plastic wrap. Place inside of a freezer-safe container or freezer bag for up to 1 month.
- To Reheat: Cook in the microwave for 20 seconds or in the oven at 350°F for 5-6 minutes.
- Unbaked Biscuit Dough can be frozen up to 2 months. Portion out the dough and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet making sure they don't touch. Place in the freezer for several hours. Once frozen, remove and transfer the dough to a freezer safe bag. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425 degrees and bake for 15-16 minutes. No need to thaw first!
Serving: 1biscuit | Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 321mg | Potassium: 201mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 563IU | Calcium: 215mg | Iron: 1mg