Birds Nest Cookies Recipe
These Birds Nest Cookies are an easy, no-bake dessert made with only 3 ingredients, in less than 10 minutes!
- 2 cups white chocolate chips (12 oz. bag) other chip of your choice
- 4 cups sweetened coconut flakes or other base of your choice
- 54 small egg-shaped candies
Toast Coconut Flakes: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut flakes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 7 minutes. Stir and continue to bake for 5 minute intervals, stirring in between until the coconut flakes are evenly toasted. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. (This step is not necessary with the other base options)
Melt Chocolate Chips: Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1 minute at 60% power. Stir and repeat until chocolate is melted. (This should take 3 intervals.)
Mix: Pour the toasted coconut into the chocolate mixture and stir to fully coat the coconut flakes.
Scoop Cookies: Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to scoop mounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Immediately press 3 candy eggs into the center. (If the eggs are having trouble sticking to the nest, use the melted chocolate on the inside of the bowl as "glue" by putting a little dab on the bottom of the candy egg before pressing into the nest.)
Set Up: Let cool completely until the chocolate has set. (Place the baking sheet in the fridge to help the chocolate set faster.)
- Use the double boiler method to melt the chocolate chips if you don't have a microwave. Place the chocolate into a glass bowl and place over a pot of simmering water. The bottom of the bowl should NOT touch the simmering water. Stir the chocolate until completely melted.
- These cookies can be made a few days in advance and stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Birds nest cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months. Place them in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 2.4g | Fat: 13g