Rustic Apple Tart
This Rustic Apple Tart is the simple apple dessert you've been looking for. Thinly sliced Honeycrisp apples coated in sugar and cinnamon are baked to perfection atop a golden puff pastry crust!
- 1 puff pastry sheet thawed
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons water
Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss the sliced apples, light brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
Unfold the thawed pastry on a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a fork to score a ½ inch border around the edges of the dough.
Brush the dough with egg wash and place the apple slices on top, slightly overlapping each other. Brush the tops of the apple with melted butter and sprinkle the entire pastry with granulated sugar.
Bake for 20 minutes and rotate baking sheet. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges are dark golden brown and the apples are starting to caramelize on top.
Warm the apricot preserves and water until melted in the microwave or a small saucepan. Brush the apples with the glaze. Cut into 9 squares and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Remove the puff pastry from the freezer and let thaw at room temperature for about 40 minutes before baking.
- DO NOT use McIntosh or Red Delicious apples.
- This tart is bested served on the day it's made but can be stored covered, at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- This dessert does not freeze well.
Serving: 1square | Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg