Simple Cheesecake Bars
These simple cheesecake bars have a creamy filling with a sweetened graham cracker crust. An easy dessert recipe for parties, picnics and potlucks.
- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup flour
Make the crust: Combine the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir together with a fork until all of the crumbs are coated evenly. Press the mixture onto the bottom of the baking pan making sure that the crumbs are compact. Place in the refrigerator until the cheesecake filling is ready.
Preheat oven to 320°F and line a 8" x 8" square baking pan with foil.
Make the filling: Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together on low speed until there are no lumps and the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and beat on low speed until they are fully incorporated. (Scrap the sides of the bowl as needed.)
Bake: Pour the filling into the pan and gently tap it down on a hard surface to help remove any air bubbles. Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
Chill: Turn the oven off, crack the door and let the cheesecake cool inside the oven for 1 hour. Remove it and allow it to cool completely on the counter. Chill in the refrigerator overnight or a minimum of 6 hours.
- To Store: Keep the cheesecake bars in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To Freeze: Wrap individual bars in plastic wrap and insert them into a freezer-safe container. Keep frozen for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw in the fridge.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 212mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 866IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg