Easy Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger optional
Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a loaf pan with cooking spray or butter.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
In a medium sized mixing bowl mash the bananas with a fork and then add the sugar, egg, sour cream, melted butter and vanilla extract and stir until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and stir until fully incorporated.
Pour the mixture into the greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. Check the bread at 50 minutes then continue to bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the pan and transfer the bread to a cooling rack.
- To Store: Keep the banana bread in an air-tight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- To Freeze: Once completely cooled, wrap in a layer of plastic wrap and two layers of foil. Label and date the bread before putting in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Ripen bananas in the oven by baking them at 300°F on a baking sheet for 30 minutes. Let cool before handling.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 199mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 291IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg