New Orleans BBQ Shrimp
New Orleans BBQ Shrimp is made with juicy, succulent shrimp cooked in a buttery Worcestershire sauce that has been heavily seasoned with black pepper and Cajun seasonings.
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice slice the rinds and reserve
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp devained with peels on
- 4 oz. Asiago cheese grated
- 1 loaf of french bread
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°.
Melt 8 tablespoons butter in a heavy sauce pan, over medium high heat and add the garlic, lemon juice, lemon rinds, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, Cajun seasoning and hot sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes over medium low heat.
Add the shrimp and cook for another 3-5 minutes while stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked.
Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Slice the french bread, coat one side with melted butter and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Remove the french bread from the oven and serve alongside the BBQ Shrimp.
- To Store: Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To Reheat: Heat in a saucepan on the stovetop.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 766kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 49g | Sugar: 7g