Hot and Sour Soup
Hot and Sour Soup is the perfect recipe for a quick, weeknight dinner. It's better than take-out!
- 6 cups beef broth or chicken broth
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup lite sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 6 oz. firm tofu sliced into strips
- 2 green onions sliced
Simmer: Bring the broth to a simmer over medium high heat in a large saucepan. Add the mushrooms, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha sauce and white pepper. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
Thicken: In a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch and cold water to make the slurry. Add it to the soup and stir well. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the soup starts to thicken.
Add Protein: Pour the beaten eggs into the soup while gently stirring. Add the tofu and green onions, stir and remove from heat. Add the tofu and green onions, stir and remove from heat. Serve immediately.
- To Store: Keep in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To Freeze: It can be frozen for up to 3 months in a freezer-safe container.
- To Reheat: Thaw completely and heat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 1591mg | Potassium: 836mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 3.8mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1.5mg