Greek Chicken Marinade
Greek Chicken Marinade turns your chicken breasts into the most tender and juicy chicken you'll ever taste!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Chill Time30 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 3 lemons zest of 1 lemon and juice of all 3
- 5 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts 2 lbs.
Whisk marinade ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Toss the chicken breasts in the marinade to coat. Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes up to 48 hours. Remove the meat from the fridge about 30 minutes prior to cooking to let it come to room temperature.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and heat a lightly oiled grill pan over high heat.
Sear the chicken breasts on one side for 5 minutes, turn them over and bake for 15 minutes or until done through.
Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge 3o minutes before cooking to allow to come to room temperature. This will help the chicken cook more evenly.
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder can used in place of fresh garlic.
- 6 tablespoons of fresh chopped oregano can be substituted for dried oregano.
- Use preserved lemons by substituting the fresh lemon juice and zest for 1/2 of a preserved lemon wedge and eliminate the salt.
- Remember to reserve a small amount of marinade BEFORE you put the raw chicken in it, if you want to use some for basting the meat while cooking. This will help prevent contamination in the marinade.
Serving: 4oz. | Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 428mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 23.4mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 0.7mg