Bananas Foster Hand Pies
Bananas Foster Hand Pies are easy to make with a pre-made pie crust, bananas, sugar, cinnamon and nuts. Served with ice cream for a special treat everyone will love!
- 2 (9") refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 medium bananas sliced
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg beaten
Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine the banana, brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
Cut twelve 4" circles out of the pie crust and lay six of them on the parchment paper. Brush the outer rim of the pie crust with beaten egg.
Place a scoop of bananas in the middle of the pie crust and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Brush egg wash on the underside rim of remaining pie crust and place on top of the filling. Using the tongs of a fork, press the edges to seal the pies.
Brush the entire outside of the pie with egg wash and cut a slit on top to allow steam to escape while baking.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is light golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- A homemade pie crust can be used if you prefer not to use a refrigerated pie crust.
- Serve the with vanilla ice cream.
- Can be assembled a day ahead of time and stored in the fridge on the baking sheet until ready to bake. Wait until you are ready to bake before applying the egg wash and cutting the slit on top of each pie.
- To freeze the pies, assemble the uncooked pies on a baking sheet. (Do not brush with egg wash or cut slit on top, you will do this before baking) Place the sheet in the freezer for one hour in order to harden and then transfer the frozen pies to a freezer bag. To prevent the pies from sticking to each other, place a sheet of parchment paper between them. Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 245mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 3.4mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg