Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Warm and delicious, bakery style chocolate chip cookies! These cookies bake up thick, soft and chewy and they turn out perfect every time!
- 3 cups (375g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (113g) unsalted butter softened
- 4 oz. (113g) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup (198g) light brown sugar tightly packed
- 1/2 cup (104g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 12 oz. (340g) semi sweet chocolate chips
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or an electric mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese, light brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium speed until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. 3-4 minutes.
Add eggs and vanilla extract, scraping down the sides as needed.
Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Use a spatula to stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Cover the mixing bowl and chill the dough in the fridge overnight or for 2 hours minimum.
Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to measure 2 tablespoon portions of dough. Roll the dough into balls and place onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes or until edges are a light golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Make sure the butter, cream cheese and eggs are at room temperature before mixing.
- Chill the dough overnight for best results. I recommend a minimum of 2 hours.
- Don’t over-bake the cookies. They are done when the centers are puffy and the edges are light golden brown.
- Measure flour using the scoop and level technique or a kitchen scale.
- Store baked cookies in an air-tight container, at room temperature, up to 1 week.
- Keep unbaked cookie dough in an air-tight container, in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To freeze baked chocolate chip cookies, let them cool completely and place in a freezer-safe container or plastic freezer bag stacked between layers of parchment paper for up to 6 months.
- To freeze cookie dough, place 2 tablespoon mounds on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer until completely frozen. Store the frozen cookie dough balls into a freezer-safe plastic bag and store in the freezer for up to 9 months. When you are ready to bake, remove and let thaw in fridge overnight. Bake at 375 degrees for 11-12 minutes.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 2mg