This Peach Crisp is unbelievably delicious and so easy to make! Juicy peaches in a sweet syrup, topped with oats, pecans and cinnamon. Serve with vanilla ice cream!
- 5-6 ripe peaches peeled, pitted and sliced (about 3 cups fruit)
- juice of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the sliced peaches in a medium sized bowl with the lemon juice, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Pour into a 8" x 8" baking dish and set aside.
Combine the crumb topping ingredients in a small bowl with a fork. Sprinkle evenly over the peaches.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the crumb topping is golden brown and the crisp is bubbling.
Remove and let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Feel free to leave the peach skins
- When shopping for peaches, choose a peach that starts to slightly "give" when pressed.
- Let frozen peaches thaw completely before mixing with the filling ingredients.
- If using canned peaches, make sure that you drain the liquid before mixing other ingredients. Adjust the sugar to your desired sweetness. You will need to purchase 2 (16 ounce) cans of peach slices and measure out 3 cups of fruit.
- Both old-fashioned rolled oats and quick cook oats work with this recipe.
- Make this a gluten-free peach crisp by replacing the rolled oats with gluten-free oats and the all-purpose flour with gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- You can make this recipe in a 9" x 13" baking dish by modifying the recipe 1.5 times the ingredients.
- Store the peach crisp in the refrigerator, covered for up to 4 days.
- Freeze the crisp after it has cooled completely. Wrap in two layers of plastic wrap before placing in the freezer. When you are ready to serve it, allow the dessert to thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until it is heated through.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Sugar: 18g