Hot and Sour Soup
Hot and Sour Soup is the perfect for a quick, week night dinner that you know everyone will love!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 6 cups beef or chicken broth reduced sodium
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced (shitake mushrooms give it a richer, more authentic flavor)
- 1/4 cup lite sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 6 oz. firm tofu sliced into strips
- 2 green onions sliced
Bring the broth to a simmer over medium high heat in a large saucepan. Add the mushrooms, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha sauce and white pepper. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch and cold water to make the slurry. Add it to the soup and stir well. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the soup starts to thicken.
Pour the beaten eggs into the soup while gently stirring.
Add the tofu and green onions, stir and remove from heat. Serve immediately.
- Hot and Sour Soup can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. It can be frozen for up to 3 month.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 1591mg | Potassium: 836mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 3.8mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1.5mg