- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3 large kale leaves, stems removed and chopped into small pieces
- 3-4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground ginger root
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Combine the chicken stock, diced tomatoes, kale, mushrooms, ginger, soy sauce, salt, pepper, sesame oil and sriracha sauce in a stock pot. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, turn the temperature to medium and simmer for 10 minutes or until the kale is tender. Turn down the heat to medium low.
- In a small bowl, whisk the corn starch and water and pour it into the stock pot while stirring. The soup will start to thicken.
- Slowly pour the beaten eggs into the soup in a circular motion. Let the soup stand for one minute and stir gently.
- Serve immediately garnished with sesame seeds.