A rich, delicious, dairy free cheesecake….is that even possible? Yep…it sure is. Look no further because you just found it!My most popular recipe to date is Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with Chocolate Mousse. Some of my readers need dairy free dessert options so I decided to come up with a vegan version of my cheesecake that was every bit as delicious but without any dairy.
Introducing Vegan Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
You can clearly see from the photographs that this Vegan Vanilla Bean Cheesecake has the rich consistency of traditional cheesecake.
This dairy free cheesecake version is so delicious!
I had my “taste testers” try out the new cheesecake recipe without telling them it was dairy free. They all asked for seconds. You’ve got to try this recipe!
Need a spring-form pan? This is the one that I use : Nordic Ware Leak Proof Springform Pan, 10-Cup, 9-Inch, Red (affiliate link)Print
You can find vegan cream cheese and vegan butter in the refrigerated natural section of most large grocery stores. I topped my cheesecake with whipped coconut cream and raspberries
- 1.5 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter, melted (or margarine)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 16 oz. vegan cream cheese
- 16 oz. silken tofu
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean (beans extracted) or 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a spring-form pan with parchment paper
- In a small bowl, mix the graham crackers, vegan butter, coconut sugar and vanilla bean paste together and then press the mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven
- In a stand mixer, beat together the vegan cream cheese, silken tofu, granulated sugar, vanilla bean paste and lemon juice until smooth and creamy
- With mixer on slow, slowly add the corn starch and flour a little at a time until fully incorporated
- Pour the mixture into the spring-form pan and bake for one hour
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let cool on a counter top for one hour
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight, or at least 3 hours, to set up.