This is the best carrot cake ever! It’s loaded with cinnamon and is topped with a cream cheese frosting, of course. It’s the perfect holiday dessert!
- 2.5 cups (300 g) all purpose flour
- 1.5 cups (340 g) granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (284 ml) canola oil
- 3 cups (150 g) grated carrots
- 1/2 cup (75 g) raisins
- 1/2 cup (60 g) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour three 9″ cake pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract and canola oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir them together using a spatula until combined. Stir in the carrots and raisins.
- Pour into the three 9″ cake pans and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- Place a cake layer onto a serving platter or cake stand and spread a layer of cream cheese on top. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and continue with the next layer.
- Frost the outside of the carrot cake and sprinkle the top with chopped nuts and raisins for decoration.
- If you only have two cake pans, split the batter in half between them.
- The nuts and raisins are optional. Please feel free to omit them if you do not like these ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 783
Keywords: cake for holiday party, cake for special occasion