Maintaining a sourdough starter is easy with this simple daily or weekly feeding schedule.
- 25 grams mature starter
- 100 grams filtered water
- 100 grams unbleached flour
- Add the ingredients to a clean jar, stir vigorously and cover lightly, allowing the starter to “breath”.
- Daily Maintenance: Feed the starter once a day, pick morning or evening, and allow to set at room temperature until the next feeding.
- Weekly Maintenance: In the morning take the starter out of the fridge and allow to come to room temperature. Feed the starter and let sit on counter for a few hours or until right before bed. Store in the fridge until the next feeding.
- Any unbleached flour can be used to feed your starter.
- Make sure water is free of chlorine which can disrupt or potentially kill the yeast and bacteria in the starter.
- Serving Size: 225 grams
- Calories: 411
- Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 86.2g
- Protein: 11.7g
Keywords: sourdough starter, feeding a sourdough starter, sourdough starter maintenance