Crockpot Mac and Cheese is so creamy and cheesy! All you need are 6 ingredients, some seasonings and your slow cooker to have the BEST macaroni and cheese EVER!
Who doesn’t love a nice … big … comforting bowl of macaroni and cheese? When I want something that’s easy to make for dinner, this Crockpot Mac and Cheese is the perfect recipe! The kids love it!
And I love it too because I can just throw everything in the slow cooker and in about 2 hours, have the creamiest, cheesiest, Mac and Cheese ever!
How to make Crockpot Mac and Cheese.
- Place the all of the ingredients into your slow cooker.
2. Place the cover on and turn the slow cooker onto the LOW setting. Cook for 2 to 2.5 hours.
3.Stir after one hour to make sure the pasta isn’t sticking together and to distribute the ingredients evenly.
Make sure to serve the mac and cheese while it is still nice and hot!
Uh, excuse me Mac and Cheese…… it’s time to get in my belly!
Tips for making Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese:
- Use a slow cooker liner for easy clean-up. These can be purchased in the same aisle as plastic bags and foil at your local store. Just pop the liner before cooking and throw it away when you’re done. No scrubbing required!
- Stir a couple times throughout the 2.5 hours. Pasta tends to stick together once it becomes hydrated. Stirring will help to evenly distribute the ingredients and help the pasta from clumping together.
- If the sauce seems to thick, stir in a little bit of milk until you get the consistency you want. Do this towards the end of the cooking time.
- Serve right away. Melted cheese dishes are meant to be served while still hot. Just like any other mac and cheese, this dish should be served immediately. If left to sit, the cheeses will solidify and you’ll have to reheat.
- Mac and cheese can be reheated in a microwave but it will not have the same creamy consistency.
Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2.5 cups skim milk
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Use a slow cooker liner to cover the bottom of the insert (optional, but highly recommended to avoid scrubbing!). Place the ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low for 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Stir half way through cooking time to make sure pasta get evenly distributed and doesn't stick together. If mixture is too thick, add a small amount of milk to help loosen it up.