This Crockpot Mac and Cheese is a super creamy and easy to make pasta dish, with no boiling required!
It’s the perfect pasta recipe for weeknight dinners and game day parties because it’s always a hit!
Who doesn’t love a nice … big … comforting bowl of macaroni and cheese?
The best macaroni and cheese has tender elbow pasta drenched in a silky, creamy cheese sauce that makes your mouth feel like it just died and went to heaven!
And that’s just what you’re going to get when you make this slow cooker mac and cheese recipe!
Crockpot Mac and Cheese Ingredients
- elbow pasta – Use any shape pasta you prefer.
- cheddar cheese – Do not use pre-shredded cheese as it contains extra ingredients and will produce a more grainy texture.
- American deli cheese – This is a type of cheese you will have to get from the grocer’s deli section. It is NOT the pre-sliced, American cheese food product in the cheese aisle.
- half and half – Can be replaced with 1.5 cups milk and 1.5 cups heavy cream.
- butter – Either unsalted or salted butter is fine to use.
- dijon mustard – Regular yellow mustard can be used instead of dijon mustard. 1 teaspoon of mustard powder can be used in place of prepared mustard.
- seasonings – salt, pepper, onion powder and paprika
How to Make Crock Pot Mac and Cheese.
- Place the all of the ingredients into your slow cooker and stir to combine.
2. Place the cover on and turn the slow cooker onto the LOW setting for 2 hours.
3.Stir every 30 minutes during the 2 hour cooking time to make sure the pasta isn’t sticking together and to distribute the ingredients evenly.
Make sure to serve the mac and cheese while it is still nice and hot!
Uh, excuse me Mac and Cheese…… it’s time to get in my belly!
Tips for Making Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- Stir a couple times throughout the 2 hour cooking time. Pasta tends to stick together once it becomes hydrated. Stirring will help to evenly distribute the ingredients and help the pasta from clumping together.
- If the sauce seems too thick, stir in a little bit of milk until you get the consistency you want. Do this towards the end of the cooking time.
- Serve right away. Melted cheese dishes are meant to be served while still hot. Just like any other mac and cheese, this dish should be served immediately. If left to sit, the cheeses will solidify and you’ll have to reheat.
- It’s best to reheat pasta and cheese dishes in the oven. Place the mac and cheese in a baking dish and reheat in a 350 degree oven until heated through. About 25 minutes.
- Mac and cheese can be reheated in a microwave but it will not have the same creamy consistency.
- Store the leftover mac and cheese in the fridge, covered, in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Other recipes you may like:
This is a revised recipe. If you’d like a copy of the original recipe, click on this link >> Original Recipe
Did you make this Crockpot Mac and Cheese recipe? Let me know how it turned out by ★★★★★ RATING this recipe and leave a comment below!!
Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni uncooked
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 4 oz. American deli cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups half and half
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place the ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Check at 1.5 hours for doneness.
- Stir every 30 minutes to prevent pasta from sticking together and to help it cook more evenly.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a couple of tablespoons of milk to help loosen it.
- Serve immediately after cooking.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To reheat mac and cheese, it's best to put it in a baking dish and bake at 350 until heated through.
- This recipe was revised on 10/16/19. If you'd like a copy of the original recipe feel free to contact me and I'll gladly email it to you!