This has just been one of “those” days. It hasn’t stopped raining since I woke up this morning. It’s late in the afternoon and I’m still in my pj’s! To me, there’s nothing better on a cold rainy day like today than a big creamy bowl of slow cooker mac and cheese.
Do you see how luscious and creamy this mac and cheese is? This is what I dream about at night…..just kidding! Seriously though, it’s some really good mac and cheese. Pure, unadulterated, cheesy decadence!
You’re gonna love how simple it is to make. Boil the elbow macaroni for about 6 minutes, or until it’s al dente. Next, heat the butter and cheeses, stirring frequently, in a heavy saucepan until all the cheese has melted. Add the sour cream, milk and other seasonings and stir until it’s smooth and creamy.
All that’s left to do is add the cheese mixture and the elbow macaroni to your slow cooker and cook on low for about an hour and a half to two hours. Stir it occasionally to make sure the cheese is cooked evenly around the pasta. I used a liner in my slow cooker to make clean up a breeze. I highly recommend it!
Uh, excuse me Mac and Cheese…… it’s time to get in my belly!Print
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 4 T butter
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (you can use any kind of cheddar, I used sharp cheddar)
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 T brown spicy mustard
- 2 tsp Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Boil the elbow macaroni for 5-6 minutes or until al dente
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter, cheddar cheese and cream cheese until smooth
- Add the milk, sour cream, condensed cheddar cheese soup, mustard, hot sauce, salt and pepper
- Stir over low heat until the mixture is smooth and creamy
- Put the macaroni and cheese mixture into the slow cooker and cook on low for about one and a half to two hours, stirring occasionally