These Rice Krispies Treats are turned into a fall dessert with the addition of pumpkin pie spice! Perfect to hand out for Halloween trick or treats!
- 3 tablespoons butter, plus a little more to grease baking dish
- 10 oz. package of marshmallows
- 6 cups of rice crisp cereal
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Orange and black candy melts
- Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with butter or shortening.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the marshmallows and pumpkin pie spice. Stir constantly until the marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the rice crisp cereal.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and press down into the dish using a spatula.
- Allow to cool before removing from the dish.
- Cut into squares.
- Place the black candy melts inside of a disposable piping bag. Heat in the microwave for one minute. Move the candy melts around with your fingers to help them melt evenly. Place back in the microwave at 15 second intervals as necessary.
- Once the candy melts are melted, cut the tip off of the piping bag and drizzle over the rice krispies treats.
- Repeat with the orange candy melts.
If you don’t have disposable piping bags, heat the candy melts in a bowl and then use a spoon to drizzle them over the Rice Krispies Treats.