What fall breakfast would be complete without a pumpkin recipe? These muffins are easy to make using a cake mix.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups chocolate chips (reserve some for sprinkling on top)
Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with liners.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, mix the cake mix, pumpkin, egg, pumpkin pie spice and water until fully combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin liners until 3/4 full.
- Drop a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center and use a toothpick to swirl it with the pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.