So here I go again … I just can’t get enough of recipes made from box cake mix!
With all the pumpkin on the brain lately … why not make a pumpkin muffin from a cake mix? I had an extra one in the pantry along with everything else needed to make these so I figured I’d whip some up for ya!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins are made with a yellow cake mix, one can of pumpkin, 1 egg, water and pumpkin pie spice.
The cream cheese swirl and chocolate chips make them extra yummy!
The cream cheese swirl is created by adding a dollop of a mixture of cream cheese, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla.
Just drop it on top of the muffin before baking and use a toothpick to swirl it around! Take a look a this 30 second video to see how easy it is!
The muffins are super moist on the inside.
You can see between the pumpkin muffin, the chocolate chips and the cream cheese … these pumpkin cream cheese swirl muffins are totally amazing!
What fall breakfast would be complete without a pumpkin recipe thrown into the mix?
Try these out today … you probably have everything you need right in your pantry!Print
What fall breakfast would be complete without a pumpkin recipe? These muffins are easy to make using a cake mix.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups chocolate chips (reserve some for sprinkling on top)
Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with liners.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, mix the cake mix, pumpkin, egg, pumpkin pie spice and water until fully combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin liners until 3/4 full.
- Drop a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center and use a toothpick to swirl it with the pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.