Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins with Chocolate Chips are easy to make with a cake mix. Moist pumpkin and chocolate chip muffins with a luscious swirl of sweetened cream cheese on top!
So here I go again … I just can’t get enough of recipes made from box cake mix! With all the pumpkin on the brain lately … why not make a pumpkin muffin from a cake mix? I had an extra one in the pantry along with everything else needed to make these so I figured I’d whip some up for ya!
What ingredients are in Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins?
- yellow cake mix
- one can of pumpkin
- 1 egg
- pumpkin pie spice
- cream cheese
- egg yolk
How to make pumpkin cream cheese swirl muffins.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners. If you don’t have liners, spray lightly with oil to prevent sticking. Mix the muffin ingredients together and fill the muffin tins.
Mix the cream cheese topping in a separate bowl. Drop a tablespoon on top of the muffin batter and use a toothpick to swirl it around. Sprinkle more chocolate chips on top and then bake for 20 minutes.
The muffins are super moist on the inside.
You can see between the pumpkin muffin, the chocolate chips and the cream cheese … these pumpkin cream cheese swirl muffins are totally amazing!
What fall breakfast would be complete without a pumpkin recipe thrown into the mix?
Try these out today … you probably have everything you need right in your pantry!
Other breakfast recipes you might like to try!
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – GF
- Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
- Homemade Almond Butter
- Homemade Nutella
- Chocolate Oatmeal with Almond Butter
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how it turned out by ★★★★★ RATING this recipe and leave a comment below!!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups chocolate chips, reserve some for sprinkling on top
Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with liners.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, mix the cake mix, pumpkin, egg, pumpkin pie spice and water until fully combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin liners until 3/4 full.
- Drop a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center and use a toothpick to swirl it with the pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.