Pumpkin Cream Cheese Monkey Bread is an easy to make, pull-apart monkey bread is turned into a delicious, pumpkin spiced treat with all the flavors of fall!
Made with refrigerated biscuits, sugar, pumpkin puree, cream cheese and warm pumpkin pie spices, then topped with a sweet and simple glaze.
Baking is one of my favorite things to do and when the cool weather starts to blow in, my oven goes into over-drive! There's nothing like the smell of pumpkin cream cheese monkey bread to make you feel warm and cozy.
You'll love how easy it is to create wonderful memories for your family in just a few simple steps with this quick monkey bread recipe!
How to make monkey bread
Step 1. Prepare the baking dish: Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a bundt pan with melted butter or cooking spray.
Step 2. Mix the sugar coating: Place the white sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a large plastic bag, seal and shake to mix well.
Step 3. Prepare the biscuits: Cut each biscuit in half, roll into a ball and toss into the bag with sugar mixture. Seal the plastic bag and shake to coat evenly.
Step 4. Arrange biscuits in bundt pan: Pour the bag of coated biscuit pieces into the pan along with any extra sugar left in the bag.
Step 5. Prepare pumpkin cream cheese sauce: Melt the butter, light brown sugar, pumpkin and cream cheese in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Use a whisk or spatula to stir the mixture until smooth.
Step 6. Bake: Pour the sauce evenly over the layer of biscuit pieces. Bake for 30-35 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes. Invert the monkey bread onto a serving platter.
Step 7. Make the glaze: Whisk the powdered sugar and milk together in a medium bowl until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the monkey bread and serve. Save extra glaze for dipping!
Tips for making pumpkin cream cheese monkey bread
- Replace 4 cans of regular biscuits with 2 cans of grands style biscuits. Cut the grands style biscuits into quarters (4 pieces) instead of halves.
- If you don't have a bundt pan, use a 9" x 13" baking dish. Spread the coated pieces into the dish, pour the sauce over the biscuits and bake for about 20 minutes. Start checking around 15 minutes to make sure they don't over bake.
- Use chopped nuts for even more fall flavor! Add ½ cup of chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts to the sugar and pumpkin spice bag before coating the biscuits.
How to store
If there are left-overs, store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or in a microwave.
6 Easy pumpkin recipes to try
- Pumpkin Pie
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Monkey Bread
Rate this recipe!
PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE MONKEY BREAD
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 cans of regular biscuits (8 count)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly spray your bunt pan with cooking spray. Mix the granulated sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a plastic bag and set aside.
- Cut the uncooked biscuits into halves and then place them into the plastic bag. Shake the bag, making sure to coat the biscuits well and then arrange them in the bunt pan.
- Place the light brown sugar, butter, pumpkin and cream cheese in a heavy saucepan and heat until melted. Whisk the mixture until it is smooth and then pour over the biscuits. Bake for 30-35 minutes and then let cool for 10 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate.
Make the glaze
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Glaze and serve!
- To Store: Place in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or in a microwave.
This recipe is from Amy in the Kitchen. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.