Pistachio Coconut Granola
Oh my gosh…this granola…I’m almost speechless. You have no idea how hard it was for me not to eat this entire batch of granola before I began my photo shoot. It took some serious self control on my part!
It’s loaded with good stuff like pistachios, shredded coconut and dried cranberries. The taste of the granola is enhanced even further by using coconut oil to boost the flavor of the shredded coconut. All of the ingredients used in this recipe are considered healthy for us in moderation.
Grab some small plastic bags and portion it out into 1/2 cup servings. It’s a great snack to put in the kids lunchboxes. It will give them a delicious, super boost of nutrition during the day which helps with their concentration.
Need a healthy snack option for those afternoon munchies? You know…the ones that start creeping up on you while you’re trying to finish up your work day? Keep a couple of small bags of this granola in your desk drawer and you won’t have to run to the vending machine to make your stomach stop growling!
This is a simple granola to whip up. Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another. This will ensure that when you combine them together they are evenly distributed with each other.
Once you have mixed the wet and dry ingredients together, line two baking sheets with parchment paper and spread an even layer of the granola mixture onto each one.
Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Stir the mixture around every 15-20 minutes or so to ensure that it browns evenly. Let it cool completely before storing it in an airtight container. The granola does not have to be refrigerated and it keeps for a long time.
The smell of this stuff baking in the oven is intoxicating!
Today is a granola type of day. I think I’m going to enjoy some with yogurt and raspberries. Or maybe I’ll just eat it as a cereal. Either way, I know it will be delicious.
This stuff is amazing!Print
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pistachios roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 T honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients in two separate bowls.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly between the two baking sheets and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring the mixture around every 15-20 minutes to insure it browns evenly.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.