These delicious Peanut Butter Energy Bites only have 6 ingredients and take less than 15 minutes to make. They are full of protein and fiber for the perfect grab-n-go healthy treat! Just like these Low-Fat Peanut Butter Balls, they can be made ahead of time for easy lunch prep!
Peanut Butter Energy Bites are loaded with good old fashioned oats, peanut butter powder, nuts, chia seeds, toasted coconut chips and honey! They make a healthy, protein-packed breakfast or snack and are perfect for meal prepping lunches for the week!
How to make Peanut Butter Energy Bites (60 sec video):
1. Place the rolled oats, peanut butter powder and toasted coconut into a processor. Pulse until a course consistency.
2. Add chia seeds, nuts, salt, honey and water. Pulse again until all ingredients are fully combined.
3. Use a cookie scoop to make 1 tablespoon portions and roll them into smooth balls between your palms.
4. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes or until solid.
5. Once the bites have become solid, transfer them to a container with an air-tight lid and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat them!
Tips for making Peanut Butter Energy Bites:
- If you want to use nut butter, substitute the 1/2 cup of peanut butter powder and water for 1/2 cup of any nut butter of your choice. You may have to add a touch of water to get it to the proper consistency.
- Toasted Coconut Chips can be substituted with unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Rolling the scoops into smooth balls is optional. If you use a cookie scoop you will get fairly good shaped bites without rolling them.
- Peanut Butter Energy Bites are perfect for meal prepping lunches for the week. 2-3 bites make a great after-lunch or mid-day snack.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter powder
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (your preference)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the oats and toasted coconut chips in a food processor and pulse until it is a coarse consistency. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to make 1 tablespoon sized balls. Roll the scoops into smooth balls, place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, place the energy bites into an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
This recipe was adapted from Pinch of Yum’s Cookie Dough Energy Bites.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Protein: 4
Keywords: healthy snacks, energy bar