Easy Peach Crisp is a super quick fruit filled dessert that tastes amazing! Sliced peaches are baked in a sweet, cinnamon and vanilla syrup, with a delicious nutty crumb topping and served with a side of vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. It’s the perfect way to use up those fresh peaches!
Fruit crisps and cobblers are a favorite among bakers because they are so easy to make and you can use pretty much any kind of fruit you have on hand! After making a big batch of peach jam earlier this week … I still had a bunch of peaches leftover that I needed to use up.
So … why not a yummy … hot and bubbly peach crisp??
How to Make Peach Crisp:
- You’ll need about 5 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced. It equals about 3 cups of fruit. Mix the sliced peaches with the flour, lemon juice, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon and pour into an 8″x 8″ baking dish. As the peach mixture sits … it starts to form a thick, yummy, sweet sauce that the peaches will bake in.
Mix the crumb topping ingredients in a small bowl with a fork until you get a crumbly texture. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the peaches and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Once it’s bubbly and golden brown on top … it’s done!
Remove from the oven and let sit for about 10-15 minutes before serving. The peach crisp needs to have a few minutes to set up so the syrup gets nice and thick.
Tips for Making Peach Crisp:
- One of the great things about crisp and cobbler recipes is that you don’t have to use fresh fruit. I’ve made this many times using frozen peaches or other frozen fruit like blueberries. I suggest letting the fruit thaw before baking if you decide to use frozen fruit.
- Use canned peaches to make this peach crisp. If you use canned fruit or pie filling, make sure to adjust the amount of sugar you add so that it’s not too sweet!
- Serve with homemade vanilla ice cream. There’s nothing like the taste of peaches and cream … Yummy!
- The nuts can be omitted in the crumb topping if needed.
Other Fruit Crisp Recipes you may like:
- Apple Crisp by Pinch of Yum
- Blueberry Crisp by Gimme Some Oven
- Cherry Crisp by Sally’s Baking Addiction
Try these recipes too!
Did you make this Easy Peach Crisp recipe? Let me know how it turned out by ★★★★★ RATING this recipe and leave a comment below!!
Easy Peach Crisp
- 5-6 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced (about 3 cups fruit)
- juice of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the sliced peaches in a medium sized bowl with the lemon juice, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Pour into a 8" x 8" baking dish and set aside.
- Combine the crumb topping ingredients in a small bowl with a fork. Sprinkle evenly over the peaches.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crumb topping is golden brown and the crisp is bubbling.
- Remove and let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.