This cold pasta salad is perfect to make any time of the year and makes a great side dish for grilled chicken, steak or fish!
- 1.5 cups dry orzo pasta
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the orzo in salted, boiling water until “al dente”. Drain the orzo in a colander and run cold water over it to help cool faster.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked orzo, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, red onion, dill, mint and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, use a whisk to emulsify the olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper together. Pour over the orzo and toss to coat ingredients evenly.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for one hour before serving.
This recipe was originally posted in April 2016 and updated June 2018.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 21
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Protein: 7
Keywords: cold pasta salad, summer pasta salad