Give your trick or treaters a real surprise with these homemade Marshmallow Popcorn Monsters!
- 3 tablespoons butter, plus extra for greasing dish
- 10 oz. marshmallows
- green food coloring
- 6 cups popcorn
- candy eye balls
- Grease an 8″ x 8″ baking dish with butter and set aside.
- In a heavy pot, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir continuously until melted.
- Stir in the green food coloring until the color is evenly distributed.
- Remove from heat and stir in the popcorn.
- Transfer to the baking dish and press the mixture evenly with the back of a spatula.
- Place the candy eyes into pairs over the surface making sure that there are a pair of eyes per square.
- Let cool, remove from the dish and cut into squares.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap.