Hi everyone! I’m sharing another Halloween idea today.
Aren’t these Marshmallow Popcorn Monsters the cutest?
They are perfect for passing out to your little trick or treaters this Halloween!
They are made the same way Rice Krispies Treats are made … just switch out popcorn for the rice krispies!
Add green food coloring to the melted marshmallows before adding the popcorn so that these little monsters have that cool spooky color!
All that’s left is to add the little eyes, which I found at a craft store in the baking section.
Make sure to add a pair of eyes in each “square” that you’re gonna cut them into.
Wrap individually in plastic wrap and you’ve got a cool treat to pass out on Halloween night!
What kid wouldn’t love this in their candy bag??
Marshmallow Popcorn Monsters
Give your trick or treaters a real surprise with these homemade Marshmallow Popcorn Monsters!
- 3 tablespoons butter, plus extra for greasing dish
- 10 oz. marshmallows
- green food coloring
- 6 cups popcorn
- candy eye balls
- Grease an 8″ x 8″ baking dish with butter and set aside.
- In a heavy pot, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir continuously until melted.
- Stir in the green food coloring until the color is evenly distributed.
- Remove from heat and stir in the popcorn.
- Transfer to the baking dish and press the mixture evenly with the back of a spatula.
- Place the candy eyes into pairs over the surface making sure that there are a pair of eyes per square.
- Let cool, remove from the dish and cut into squares.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap.