Are you looking for the best, most fool proof recipe for egg whites bites made in the Instant Pot? These egg white bites are creamy and velvety little morsels that are packed with protein and perfect for busy mornings or meal planning!
Egg white and roasted red pepper sous vide egg bites from Starbucks are one of my absolute favorite treats. They are the creamiest, most satisfying bite when you're craving something hot and savory for breakfast.
The good thing is that they are easy to make in your Instant Pot. No special equipment required!
Just like our slow cooker apple cinnamon oatmeal, we LOVE that these can be made ahead of time and then reheated throughout the week for an easy meal prep recipe. Pop them in the microwave for breakfast or take them to work for a healthy snack.
What's in an egg white bite?
The main ingredients are simple. Egg whites, butter, low fat cottage cheese, low fat feta cheese and shredded Monterrey Jack cheese.
Corn starch is added to give the egg bites structure and to keep them from being watery. Roasted red pepper, green onions, salt and a dash of hot sauce give the egg white bites a big bold flavor.
Tips and tricks for the best egg white bites
- Make sure to blend the ingredients until they are super smooth. This will help to incorporate air into the mixture and make them even more fluffy.
- Don't leave the corn starch out. This is what acts as a binder and absorbs extra moisture in the eggs. It helps create that smooth, velvety texture we are looking for. Use arrowroot powder if you do not use corn starch.
- Fill the silicone egg mold almost to the top, the egg bites will puff up while cooking.
- Allow the egg bites to cool for 10 minutes before releasing them from the mold so that they will turn out in once piece. If they are still piping hot they might break apart.
Frequently asked questions
If you do not have a silicone egg mold, you can divide the mixture evenly between 2 pint-sized mason jars and cover each jar with a piece of foil. Proceed with the recipe instructions.
Egg bites can be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days in a covered container. To reheat, cook in the microwave on high heat for 30 second intervals until heated through.
Yes, allow the egg white bites to cool completely before freezing in a freezer-safe container. They can be reheated directly from the freezer in the microwave for 1-2 minutes on high or until heated through.
Yes. You can double the recipe and stack two molds on top of each other to cook at the same time. This is easier to do if you use the clear lid that comes with the silicone mold instead of foil.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Egg White Bites
Rate this recipe!
- 6 quart pressure cooker
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ cup low fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded (cheddar or Colby cheese)
- 2 tablespoons low fat feta cheese
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- dash hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons red pepper
- 2 tablespoons green onion
- Prepare Instant Pot: Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot liner and place the trivet inside.
- Blend ingredients: Add the egg whites, cottage cheese, Monterey jack cheese, feta cheese, butter, corn starch, salt and hot sauce to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Add the red pepper and green onion and pulse to distribute them in the mixture.
- Fill the mold: Divide the egg mixture evenly into a silicone egg mold and cover loosely with foil. Set the mold onto the trivet. (If you do not have a silicone egg mold, divide the mixture between the two pint-sized mason jars and cover each jar with a piece of foil.)
- Cook the egg bites: Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it into place. Make sure that the vent is in the SEALED position. Press the MANUAL button and adjust the timer to 10 minutes on HIGH pressure. The pot will take 10 minutes to come up to pressure. Once the egg bites have cooked and the timer goes off, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure by pressing the release valve.
- Remove from pressure cooker: Using heat proof gloves, lift the silicone mold out of the Instant Pot with the handles of the trivet. Allow the egg bites to cool down for 10 minutes before serving.
- How to store leftovers: Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 7 days in a covered container. To reheat, cook in the microwave on high heat for 30 second intervals until heated through.
This recipe is from Amy in the Kitchen. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.