Instant Pot Chicken Tacos are a total flavor bomb loaded with tender, juicy Mexican shredded chicken and your choice of toppings. Taco nights have never been easier or tastier!
What's better than tender shredded chicken, flavored with warm spices such as cumin and chipotle, all wrapped up in a flour tortilla for taco night?
How to make it
This chicken taco meat is so quick and easy to make in less than 30 minutes!
It starts out with a few spices and some boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Just throw everything in the pot at the same time and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes.
Use two forks to shred the chicken and then toss it with the liquid in the pot.
The juices from the chicken combine with the spices to produce the most flavorful chicken tacos EVER!
How to serve it
This amazing taco chicken meat is delicious served in flour or corn tortillas and then loaded with your favorite toppings!
We like ours topped with fresh avocado, cilantro, jalapeños, sliced radishes, cheese and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Other toppings you can try are lettuce, tomato, black beans, onions and so much more. The possibilities are endless!
Note: You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs if you prefer, instead of chicken breasts.
How to store it
Store leftover Instant Pot chicken tacos in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Reheat the chicken on the stovetop in a saucepan with a little water to help moisten up or in the microwave.
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- 6 quart pressure cooker
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Meat
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into large pieces)
- 1 (15 oz.) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- juice of 1 lime
- taco shell or tortillas
- avocados sliced
- radishes sliced thinly
- fresh jalapeños sliced thinly
- cup queso fresco cheese
- fresh cilantro chopped
- fresh lime juice
- Place the ingredients inside the Instant Pot. Lock the lid into place and press the MANUAL button. Adjust the timer to 15 minutes at HIGH pressure.
- When the cooking time is up, release the pressure. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and use two forks to shred the chicken. Moisten the meat with remaining liquid at the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Serve the chicken warm in taco shells or tortillas with desired toppings.