An easy and delicious recipe for Instant Pot Corn Chowder!
- 4-6 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 20 oz. frozen corn kernels
- 32 oz. southern style frozen hash-browns (the ones that are diced)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt, pepper and red cracked pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Garnish – shredded cheddar cheese and chopped chives
- Saute the Bacon – Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and cook the chopped bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside for garnish.
- Saute the onion – Saute the onion in the bacon grease for 3-4 minutes. Press CANCEL button to stop the saute function.
- Add Ingredients – Add the corn, potatoes, garlic, bell pepper, thyme, chicken stock, salt and peppers to the pot. Close the lid and make sure the vent is in the SEALED position.
- Cook – Press the MANUAL button and adjust to 10 minutes. After it is done cooking, let natural release for 10 minutes and then release steam vent. Once all the steam has been released, remove the lid and stir.
- Thicken – In a small bowl, whisk the heavy cream and cornstarch together. Pour into the chowder and stir to combine. Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese, bacon and chives.