Instant Pot Cheesy Corn and Hashbrown Chowder
- 4-6 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 20 oz. frozen corn kernels
- 32 oz. southern style frozen hashbrowns (the ones that are diced)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons flour or cornstarch
- salt, pepper and red cracked pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and cook the chopped bacon until crispy.
- Remove the bacon and set aside for garnish.
- Saute the onion in the bacon grease for 3-4 minutes.
- Press CANCEL button to stop the saute function.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the heavy cream and flour. Close the lid and make sure the vent is in the SEALED position.
- Press the MANUAL button and adjust to 10 minutes.
- After it is done cooking, let natural release for 10 minutes and then release steam vent.
- Once all the steam has been released, remove the lid and stir.
- In a small bowl, whisk the heavy cream and flour together. Pour into the chowder and stir to combine.
- Serve hot topped with the cheddar cheese, bacon and chives.