All the amazing flavors of stuffed cabbage rolls without all of the work!
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground pork
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 cups beef broth
- 6 oz. tomato paste (use 2 tablespoons for less tomato flavor)
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2.5 lbs. cabbage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1–2 teaspoons salt
- pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and brown the meat with the onions. Drain fat and then add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Put lid on the pot, make sure the vent is sealed and press the SOUP button. Set time to 35 minutes.
- Once the time is up, natural release for 20 minutes. Release the pressure.
- Remove lid, stir and serve.