I recommend having a big loaf of crusty french bread to dip in the stew sauce. It is amazing!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs. stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3-4 cups beef broth ( enough to cover the ingredients)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons flour or cornstarch
- fresh herbs for garnishing (thyme, chives, rosemary or parsley)
- Toss the meat with the salt and pepper.
- Place the olive oil in the Instant Pot and push the SAUTE button.
- Brown the meat on all sides. Press CANCEL button to turn off SAUTE function.
- Place the remainder of the ingredients, except the flour, into the Instant Pot and give it a good stir.
- Make sure the vent is in the sealed position and press the STEW button. It should say 35 minutes, NORMAL, adjust the time if necessary to 35 minutes.
- After the 35 minutes is up, let the Instant Pot natural release for 10-15 minutes and then turn the valve to venting to release any excess pressure.
- Open the lid and remove about 1 cup of liquid and let cool.
- Whisk the flour into the liquid until smooth and then pour it back into the pot.
- Stir to thicken.
- Serve hot topped with fresh herbs and cracked pepper.