Rosemary Chicken with vegetables is a one-pan chicken recipe that requires 8 ingredients and less than an hour from start to finish! The tender, juicy chicken breasts are baked alongside baby carrots and potatoes with rosemary for the perfect weeknight meal!
Believe it or not, this this Rosemary Chicken with Vegetables is healthy, low in fat and loaded with delicious flavor. And what’s even better is that it’s a one-pan recipe that makes clean up a breeze!
Rosemary Chicken with Vegetables is quick and easy to make!
- Season the chicken breasts and then brown them on both sides in an oven-safe skillet. I used a Enameled Cast-Iron 5-Quart Round Braiser, because it has a lid, but you can use a Enameled Cast-Iron Dutch Oven or a baking sheet with foil if you don’t have one of these.
- Toss the veggies with olive oil and seasoning and then put them in with the chicken. Sprinkle with chopped rosemary, cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Tips for making one pan rosemary chicken with vegetables:
- If you don’t have an enameled cast-iron skillet, use a baking sheet covered in foil. Make a “tent” with foil to cover the chicken while baking. This will allow the juices from the chicken to steam the vegetables.
- Use fresh rosemary for this recipe. Dried rosemary is ok if you’re in a pinch, but just be careful of the amount. You don’t want to put too much so just be mindful when you are seasoning the dish.
- Feel free to add more or less on any of the ingredients. If you like more carrots and less potatoes, go for it. You’re only limited by the space of your pan!
Check out these other quick chicken dishes for easy, weeknight meal ideas!
Rosemary Chicken with Vegetables
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut in half
- 8 oz. baby carrots
- 1 lb. petite potatoes cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder. Spray the bottom of an oven safe braiser or dutch oven with cooking spray and using the stove-top, brown the chicken on both sides over medium-high heat.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss the carrots and potatoes with the olive oil, 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary, salt, pepper and remaining garlic powder. Place them in with the chicken and sprinkle the remaining rosemary over the chicken.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.