A gluten-free waffle recipe that is crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside!
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour Blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- cooking spray
- butter, fruit and/or syrup for topping (optional)
- Whisk the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat waffle iron and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour about 3/4 to 1 cup of the batter into the plate of the waffle maker and close it. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until steam no longer escapes. Most waffle makers come with a light that let’s you know when they are done. Waffle makers come in different shapes and sizes so the amount of batter will vary.
- Remove the waffle using a fork or tongs, top with your favorite fruit, butter and/or syrup and enjoy!
This recipe was originally posted in 2015 and updated June 2018.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 439
- Sugar: 10
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 59
- Protein: 12
Keywords: waffle recipe, easy breakfast recipe