This is my updated recipe for Gluten Free Red Velvet Sugar Cookies. You can find the original recipe here!
Gluten Free Red Velvet Sugar Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups, I used Bob’s Mill Gluten Free Flour Blend 1:1 (or use gluten free all purpose flour blend)
- 3 T cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp white vinegar (can substitute lemon juice)
- 1 T red food coloring
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat until incorporated.
- Scrape the sides of bowl, add the vanilla extract, white vinegar and red food coloring and beat until well combined.
- Beat in the dry mixture a third at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop 12 balls of batter using a cookie scoop. (about 2 tablespoons each). Place the baking sheet into the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- Once you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350°. Take the baking sheet of the refrigerator and flatten the dough balls into disk shapes using the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Let cookies cool completely before decorating with cream cheese frosting