Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes are simple to make with wholesome ingredients. An allergy friendly pancake recipe with delicious hot chocolate sauce and berries!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes
- 1.5 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend (can also use a 1:1 gluten-free all -purpose flour blend)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (see notes)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (I use coconut milk beverage)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- fresh strawberries
- fresh blueberries
- powdered sugar
- Mix the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl using a whisk or spatula.
- Heat the griddle over two burners to a medium heat. Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter into circles on the griddle. Let cook until bubbles are on top, flip and continue cooking until done.
- To make the hot chocolate sauce, place the chocolate chips, maple syrup and espresso powder in a small saucepan and melt together over medium heat. Stir and serve warm.
- Pour the hot chocolate sauce over a stack of pancakes and garnish with fresh berries and powdered sugar.
- Nutritional information does not include chocolate sauce.
- Serving Size: 3 pancakes
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 64.9g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: gluten free pancakes, gluten free breakfast