These Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes are the ultimate chocolate lovers breakfast! Made with healthy ingredients, this is a simple recipe that you can make in under 30 minutes right on your stove-top!
This post is sponsored by Circulon. All opinions expressed are my own.
I’ve partnered up with the amazing team over at Circulon to bring you this simple yet gourmet recipe for gluten-free chocolate pancakes! This recipe was developed and perfected using their Elementum Double Burner Griddle from the Circulon Elementum Collection which I’m so excited to share with you!
For people who love the ease and simplicity of multi-purpose cookware, this double burner griddle is a must-have! It’s perfect for cooking more than just pancakes. Use it to cook perfectly crisp bacon, make crispy quesadillas, cook burgers, salmon patties … I mean the list is endless!
So let’s see how easy it to make gluten-free chocolate pancakes using the Elementum Double Burner Griddle!
How to make Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes:
I love this recipe because all of the ingredients simply get tossed into one bowl and then combined with a whisk until smooth.
Now it’s time to get the griddle ready! The beauty of this non-stick griddle is that very little to NO oil is needed when cooking on it. As with most nonstick cookware, Circulon recommends that you DO NOT use nonstick cooking spray on this griddle because an invisible buildup will impair the nonstick release system and food will stick to your pan. Nothing sticks to the surface of this griddle because it features the premium TOTAL® nonstick system making it durable and resilient. The nonstick technology that Circulon uses in this set is advanced, making it last 10 times longer than ordinary nonstick.
If you do prefer to use your favorite oil, just dab a small amount on a paper towel and lightly wipe the surface of the griddle before cooking. Heat the griddle to a medium heat. When using this griddle, it’s best to use over a medium or low heat to preserve the cookware’s coating, as high heat can be damaging to the cookware.
Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to pour the pancake batter onto the griddle.
Let the pancakes cook until you start to see bubbles on top. Flip them over and let them cook a few minutes until they are fully cooked. I love using the Circulon nylon spatula when flipping the pancakes to prevent scratching the surface of the griddle.
Once the pancakes are cooked, transfer them to a plate. If you are making a large batch, you can preheat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit and put them on a cookie sheet in the oven to stay warm. Or keep them in the warm oven while you make the hot chocolate sauce!
How to make the hot chocolate sauce:
Pour the chocolate chips and the maple syrup into a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until melted and stir to combine. I added a teaspoon of espresso powder for even more flavor, but that is totally optional!
All that’s left to do is stack the pancakes, drizzle on the hot chocolate sauce and top with berries and powdered sugar!
Some other things that I love about this Circulon Double Burner Griddle? It’s oven-safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and oh yeah … it’s also dishwasher safe, making clean up a breeze!
Other gluten free breakfast recipes you might like:
- Gluten-Free Waffles
- Sweet Potato Toast
- Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Chocolate Almond Butter Oatmeal
Did you make this Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancake recipe? Let me know how it turned out by ★★★★★ RATING this recipe and leave a comment below!!
Gluten Free Chocolate Pancakes
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes
- 1.5 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend , can also use a 1:1 gluten-free all -purpose flour blend
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar, see notes
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
- fresh strawberries
- fresh blueberries
- powdered sugar
- Mix the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl using a whisk or spatula.
- Heat the griddle over two burners to a medium heat. Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter into circles on the griddle. Let cook until bubbles are on top, flip and continue cooking until done.
- To make the hot chocolate sauce, place the chocolate chips, maple syrup and espresso powder in a small saucepan and melt together over medium heat. Stir and serve warm.
- Pour the hot chocolate sauce over a stack of pancakes and garnish with fresh berries and powdered sugar.
- Nutritional information does not include chocolate sauce.