French breakfast puffs are a simple muffin recipe that uses ingredients you probably already have! They are topped with a buttery, cinnamon sugar mixture that makes them melt in your mouth!
I love that this recipe is very simple and quick to prepare! These puffs are similar to a perfectly sweetened, light and airy little muffin, topped with cinnamon sugar.
Whether you enjoy them for breakfast, dessert or a little midday snack, you’ll love how they satisfy your sweet tooth!
What ingredients do you need to make French Breakfast Puffs?
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
How to make French Breakfast Puffs.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12-count muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the melted butter, egg, milk and vanilla extract with a whisk.In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until fully incorporate.
- Fill each muffin tin until 2/3 full with batter and bake for 20 minutes.
- To make the topping, melt the butter in a small bowl and mix the cinnamon and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Dip the top of each muffin into the butter and then immediately into the sugar mixture to coat. Repeat until all the puffs have been coated.
Other breakfast recipes you might like to try!
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – GF
- Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
- Homemade Almond Butter
- Homemade Nutella
- Chocolate Oatmeal with Almond Butter
- Cranberry Orange Muffins – GF
Did you make this French Breakfast Puffs recipe? Let me know how it turned out by ★★★★★ RATING this recipe and leave a comment below!!
French Breakfast Puffs
French Breakfast Puffs
- 5 T salted butter, melted (if you only have unsalted butter, add 1/2 tsp salt to the dry mixture)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 T salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 12 count muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl mix together the wet ingredients, melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate medium bowl mix together the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until fully incorporated. The batter will be thick.
- Fill the each muffin tin 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the puffs on a cooling rack. Be careful they will be hot.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Take a puff and dip the top into the melted butter.
- Immediately dip it into the sugar mixture and then place upright on the cooling rack.
- Repeat with the remaining puffs.
- Serve and enjoy!