“French breakfast puffs are simple but so delicious. They just melt in your mouth!”
I love that this recipe is very simple and quick to prepare!
These puffs are similar to a perfectly sweetened, light and airy little muffin, topped with cinnamon sugar.
Whether you enjoy them for breakfast, dessert or a little midday snack, you’ll love how they satisfy your sweet tooth!
French Breakfast Puffs are perfectly suited to enjoy with a hot cup of coffee in the morning….and as an added bonus….your house will smell divine!
I think the early morning is probably my favorite time of the day. I really enjoy when the kids sleep in so that I can have some quiet time with my breakfast puffs and coffee.
I really enjoy sitting in my sun-room when I having my morning coffee.
I can relax in my big comfy chair, throw a soft blanket over my lap and listen to my little space heater humming away by my feet.
It’s also a great time to get my Pinterest fix for the day!
French Breakfast Puffs
- 5 T salted butter, melted (if you only have unsalted butter, add 1/2 tsp salt to the dry mixture)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 T salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 12 count muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl mix together the wet ingredients, melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate medium bowl mix together the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until fully incorporated. The batter will be thick.
- Fill the each muffin tin 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the puffs on a cooling rack. Be careful they will be hot.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Take a puff and dip the top into the melted butter.
- Immediately dip it into the sugar mixture and then place upright on the cooling rack.
- Repeat with the remaining puffs.
- Serve and enjoy!