Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole – a delicious and quick weeknight meal made with only 6 ingredients, a few seasonings and ready in under an hour! Your family will be begging for seconds so make a double batch of this amazing casserole!
This Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole is no exception! It combines shredded chicken with white rice, cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise and a few other goodies to create a easy family meal.
How to make Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, mayo, cream of mushroom soup and seasonings. Add the shredded chicken and rice and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture into an 8″ x 8″ baking dish that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Bake for 30-45 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve hot with a side of garlic knots or bread!
Tips for making a delicious casserole:
- This casserole will save you time in the kitchen because you can easily make it ahead of time and create a freezer meal. Transfer it to the fridge in the morning before you leave for work and it will be thawed out by the time you get home. Bake according to directions!
- Substitute cooked or grilled chicken that has been cubed for shredded chicken.
- Cream of mushroom soup can be replaced with cream of chicken soup if you already have some in the pantry!
- This is a great recipe for meal prepping. It reheats great in the microwave, so pack some for your work lunch instead of spending money on fast food!
- Whether you’ve got 2 people to feed or 8, this dish can be doubled or tripled to feed even the biggest families!
Other easy casseroles you might like!
- Sweet Potato Enchilada Casserole
- Green Chili Corn Casserole
- Cauliflower Casserole
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Savory Roasted Sweet Potato Casserole
Did you make this Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole recipe? Let me know how it turned out by ★★★★★ RATING this recipe and leave a comment below!!
Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Mix the melted butter, cream of mushroom soup, milk, mayonnaise and seasonings together in a large bowl. Add the chicken and rice and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the baking dish and bake for 30-45 minutes or until nice and bubbly.