Everyone needs an Easy Banana Bread recipe and this one is perfect! It’s sweet, moist and full of flavor. All you need are a few simple ingredients, one bowl and less than ten minutes to get this bread in the oven. It’s the perfect recipe for ripe bananas!
Seriously, isn’t banana bread the first thing that comes to mind when you have over-ripened bananas??? Banana bread is the perfect solution because more than likely, you have all the ingredients you need in your pantry to make it right now!
How to make banana bread:
- Melt the butter in a large bowl, add the bananas and mash until good and smushy. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until the wet ingredients are well incorporated with each other.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and spices and stir until just combined.
- Pour into a lightly greased bread pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool about 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Why is banana bread so great??
- It can be made in advance and be ready to enjoy for breakfast, an after-school snack or dessert!
- It’s really quick to put the ingredients together and you only need 1 bowl. Easy cleanup!
- It’s fun to add in things like chopped nuts and/or chocolate chips to make it different every time!
- Even picky eaters like banana bread!
My favorite way to enjoy it is by cutting a thick slice and slathering it with a big pat of butter … and of course a hot cup of coffee.
I hope you enjoy!
This banana bread is moist and delicious! The perfect recipe to use up those ripe bananas!
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a bread baking pan.
- Add the bananas and the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir with a spatula until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the bread pan and bake for 1 hour. Check the bread at 45 minutes then continue to bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the baking pan.
Store in an air-tight container.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 181
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Protein: 2
Keywords: banana bread recipe, ripe banana recipes