It’s been raining all day so I’ve been inside baking, cleaning and catching up on work stuff. The kids only have one more week at school before Christmas break so I’m going to enjoy the peace and quiet as much as I possibly can.
I don’t take my downtime lightly because believe me, when you have 7 kids, it’s far and few between.
It just so happened that I had some bananas that were about to go bad so naturally I did what any good southern woman would do…I made a loaf of quick and easy banana bread.
Seriously, isn’t that the first thing that comes to mind when you see over ripened bananas?Now I’m just sitting here writing this post, drinking a cup of coffee and eating a warm delicious slice of my yummy little treat. My house is clean, my work is done and now it’s time to relax for a minute or two before the school day ends.Some of the things I love about this recipe are that it’s quick, easy, you only need 1 bowl and it’s super moist.
Seriously….this stuff is good. I hope you enjoy!Print
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 6 T butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a bread baking pan.
- Add the bananas and the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir with a spatula until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the bread pan and bake for 1 hour. Check the bread at 45 minutes then continue to bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the baking pan.
You might also like these bread recipes!