double chocolate chip cookies
OK … these double chocolate chip cookies are ridiculous. I mean seriously … ridiculous. I don’t think it gets any better than this when a chocolate fix is in order.
They are ridiculously easy to make too … just wait until you see the ingredients.
This is the kind of chocolate cookie that is rich and chewy but … unlike some … you can’t eat just one! Normally I would be able to take a bite or two of something this rich but there’s something about these that draws you to them.
Oh and by the way … You can just throw self control out the window … it won’t win. Even after you’ve reasoned with the little devil on your shoulder that you are not going to eat one … you will cave.
This is one of those … I guess I’ll start my diet tomorrow kind of cookies … Sorry …
Your kids are going to love these! What kid doesn’t like chocolate? Or even better … double chocolate!
Mom, all you need is;
- devils food cake mix
- a stick of melted butter
- an egg
- chocolate chips
- a little dark cocoa powder (this ones optional)
Mix these together for 12 of the biggest, most delicious double chocolate chip cookies you will ever have! They would be perfect to bring to a school party. Everyone will think you went to a bakery!
Don’t you just love easy cookie recipes? Make these tonight!
- 1 box devils food cake mix
- 1 T dark cocoa powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir with a spatula. This is where you’re gonna have to get a little messy…but hey…be a kid and have fun!
- Using your hands mix the ingredients together until you can form it into a big ball.
- Press the ball into the bowl and using a knife, cut two lines in the shape of an X. There will be four sections of dough.
- Take one of the sections and split into three equal pieces.
- Roll each one into a ball and line them up on the baking sheet.
- Repeat this process with each of the sections until you have rolled out 12 cookies.
- Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes watching carefully that they do not over bake. This the cardinal sin of cookie baking! Never over bake your cookies. Take them out when the middle still looks uncooked and it will continue to cook into the perfect soft chewy cookie.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and lay it on the counter to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
- This recipe makes 12 big delicious chewy cookies.