A delicious natural sweetener that you can use in baked goods, desserts and more!
- 12 oz. pitted Medjool dates (about 18-20 dates)
- water (see instructions)
- Bring 4 cups of water to a simmer and remove the pot from the heat.
- Place dates into a 4 cup glass measuring cup and cover with hot water. Let dates sit for 10 minutes to soften. Reserve 1.5 cups of the soaking liquid and drain the remaining water from the dates.
- Place the dates and 1 cup of the reserved water into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if you’d like a thinner consistency. Transfer to a glass container and cover.
- Store covered in the refrigerator up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 25
- Sugar: 5.25
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 0
Keywords: date paste, natural sweetener alternatives