Dark Chocolate and Salted Caramel Pastry is my “go to” recipe for a quick and tasty dessert. The first time I ever had the pleasure of tasting a “pain au chocolate” was at a little french cafe in a suburb of Atlanta. Pain au Chocolate is basically croissant dough filled with chocolate and baked. It’s such a simple dessert but it’s so delicious. The process of making croissant dough is very time consuming and when I want to enjoy one of these pastries, I usually do not want to wait a day or two to have one. That’s why I make these with pre made crescent dough.
The crescent rolls are filled with squares of Ghirardelli Dark and Sea Salt Caramel chocolates and they take less than twenty minutes to put together from start to finish.
I use two cans of croissant dough and to make 8 pastries. One can of dough comes with 8 croissants, but I leave two triangles together to create 4 rectangular pastries per can.
Place the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Break up a square of chocolate and place it at one end of the dough. Roll the dough end over end to cover the chocolate and caramel square.
Bake at 375° for 12 minutes. Once the pastries are baked, drizzle them with a little melted chocolate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
You’re gonna love the delicious simplicity of these little pastries.Print
- 2 cans of refrigerated croissant dough
- 8 squares of Ghirardelli Dark and Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate
- 6 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Remove the croissant dough from the cans and place 8 rectangles onto the baking sheet
- Break up a square of chocolate and place it at one end of the dough
- Roll the dough end over end to cover the chocolate and caramel square
- Bake for 12-13 minutes
- Melt the semi sweet chocolate chips and drizzle over the baked pastries
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve